9.22.2010

promise

throughout the old testament the Lord offers a promise before a battle. often i've read these stories of how the Lord removes the enemy, captures the enemy, and/or fights off the enemy. the stories and miracles are just amazing and mind-blowing to me.

it's been recent that i've actually seen Him do it for me.

on several occasions in the past week He has been so faithful to give me a promise in His word...either thru a friend, or in my time w/Him that day at just the right time and then unexpectedly I'm hit with a battle of things NOT of this world.
BUT...
i remember the promise set before me and hold on tight for the ride.

it's the promise that keeps me at peace...i'm not afraid because He is there. I'm not shaken up because i'm trusting. I'm not terrified because i'm believing the promise will cover me on every side.

it's truely mind-blowing.