8.22.2010

foreign gods

in the past several months i had let myself be entangled in my certain "gods", if you will.
but...the Lord has..
allured me
captured me
rescued me
called me back.
in the secret Jesus has spoken truth to my ears where before i was believing everything but His truth.
deut. 32. 10 says "he found me in a desert land (of gods), and in the howling waste of a wilderness; Jesus encircled me, He cared for me, He guarded me as the pupil of His eye...The Lord alone guided me and there was no foreign god with me."

why do we run from the One who will ultimately protect us, shield us, and give us everything we need pertaining to life and godliness? i'm learning everyday that no wonder God used the Israelites as a foundation of "who" we are as people. For the Israelites wondered off, rebelled, were confused, scared, lonely, afraid, hungry, beaten, wounded people....just like you and me....but the Lord called them out and rescued them....to the promise land.

today...on my rooftop, i exclaim God's goodness in my life....and i exclaim that there are NO FOREIGN GODS with me...because it is Him who has fought for me...who is jealous over me...and sings victorious songs on my behalf. (ps, 103)

how could you NOT be captured by Him?